Moniro, a service provided by Moniro., operates several websites including moniro.io. It is Moniro’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
What This Policy Covers
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us, and automatically through operating our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a moniro.io account to provide a name, email address, and password.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–a subscription to a moniro.io plan, for example–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us with information when you respond to surveys or communicate with our team about a support question.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create or make changes to your account.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the pages you visit or the parts of the site that you check the most. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their monitors more efficiently;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Moniro and others;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Moniro and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Moniro and our products.
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
- Third-Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you), those that assist us with our marketing efforts, those that help us understand and enhance our Services. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Moniro, third parties, or the public.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or in the unlikely event that Moniro goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would likely be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Moniro does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request portability of your personal data.
How to Reach Us
Last update: 12 Jun 2023